Getting up is an entirely different story when there is the temptation of a scrumptious breakfast. I mean, I’m not one to wake up at three in the morning , but if I was promised sunny side up eggs on freshly baked bread, fresh fruit salad, and a piping hot mug of chao tea with milk, I may just reconsider. So, in order to get me up at 6 a.m. for school I make yummilicious muffins over the weekend. And with the promise of a good breakfast it is much easier to drag my butt out of bed, because I’m sorry to say that the idea of learning about the formation of glaciers at 7:44 in the morning is not tempting enough.
And today I bring you the recipe for cranberry walnut muffins and strawberry muffins in hopes that you will be more likely to jump out of bed singing.
Six step muffins:
1. Combine 1 and 3/4 cups unbleached flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp powder (of the baking sort not the makeup sort aka baking powder), and 1/4 tsp. Salt.
2. Combine 1 beaten egg (then apologize for beating it), and 1/4 cup applesauce (if you don’t have any use vegetable oil).
3. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients while doing the cha-cha slide and singing “One Week” by the Bare Naked Ladies.
4. Add 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup dried cranberries or 1 and 1/4 cup whole frozen strawberries. If you use the strawberries Ninja them(using the kitchen ninja, not the ninja people or using a food processor) until the strawberries are in tiny tiny pieces.
5. Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I used my new silicone muffin holder thingies and they were AMAZING!!
6. The most difficult thing you will ever do:
And FYI it will take you just as much time to read this post as it will to make these muffins.
Live, laugh, love, bake,
Marley and Me