As promised my birthday treat. For my birthday I made myself a Cheesecake. Well, actually, let’s get two things straight, one, my friend made it with me and two, it is a Cheesecake tart. I didn’t quite understand how there could be a difference between a cheesecake and a cheesecake tart, apparently there is. First off, a cheesecake tart tastes WAY better and is way lighter than a cheesecake so does not need to be eaten 3 hours after a meal!
And the ingredients for this wonderiforous treat are………..
1 ½ packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
4 tbsp. whipping cream
1 cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp. cinnamon (The recipe says ground, do they think I’m going to put in a stick of cinnamon?)
Extra whipped cream
Chocolate shavings for decoration
1 pack graham crackers plus 3 graham crackers
1 stick plus 2 tbsp. butter
The steps to a perfect Cheesecake tart:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Crush the graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag. Two 13 year old girls jumping on Graham crackers, no, not weird in the slightest.
- Using a pastry cutter cut the butter into the crushed graham crackers.
- Press the mixture into the sides of a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Keep the oven on. You will need it. I promise.
- Beat the cream cheese and 4 tbsp. whipping cream together. Don’t have too much fun.
- Then, beat in the sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating just enough to blend.
- Pour this mixture into the biscuit base and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It is at this point that my friend and I can’t stop laughing and are basically on the floor. I don’t really know why, we’re just weird like that.
- Once this glorious cheesecake is out of the oven and has cooled for at least 20 minutes, you may begin the decorating process!
We decorated with freshly cut strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Here is what our glorious cheesecake tart looked like:
Maybe not, I had the pictures and now I can’t find them. Oops. L
Well, it was delicious! Sorry you weren’t there to enjoy it. You could enjoy it if you decided to make it yourself. So get cooking’ good looking’!
Keep reading, keep baking. Keep…
❤ Marley and Me
Thanks a million to Luba and my wonderful baking book which is actually called Baking , by: Martha Day.
Live Laugh Love Live Laugh Love Live Laugh Love Live Laugh Love Live Laugh Love Live Laugh