You know what I love? Well baking is a given, but other than that what I really love is rain. Crazy right? But one of my absolute favorite things to do is run up and down my driveway singing at the top of my lungs in the middle of a torrential downpour.
Guess what? It’s raining
So…even though you won’t notice the difference, I am going to go outside and run around in the rain, and when I come back I am going to tell you a story about strawberries.
I’M BACK!!! (And now officially soaking wet and extremely happy.) In case you were wondering (which I’m sure you were) I sang “Singing in the Rain” quite loudly and way off key. It was wonderful. My day has been made. I think I scared my neighbors. Oh well!
And now I do believe I promised you a story about strawberries?
It begins a long long time ago (those less dramatic may call it yesterday) with a pound of ripe red strawberries. Now these strawberries were somewhat magical. And there is only one recipe known to man that is worthy of such magic: Cheesecake Filled Strawberries. YUMMY! Your mouth is watering isn’t it? And so (enter dramatic cheesy music) I give you the super simple key to happiness (in the form of an AMAZING recipe).
One pound of fresh ripe strawberries.
16 ounces cream cheese
1 ½ cups confectioners/10X sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 graham crackers, crushed (I normally use a plastic sword for this, completely unnecessary but super fun)
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries, and then using a paring knife hollow out the strawberries. The space should fit a MINIMUM of a ¼ tsp. filling (otherwise the filling to fruit ratio is way off and the world could meet its untimely end, and that would be sad)
- Beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla together.
- Put one half of the cream cheese concoction into a separate bowl and beat in the cocoa powder.
- Fill either a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off with vanilla cheesecake filling and a second bag with the chocolate cheesecake filling.
- FILL THE STRAWBERRIES.
- Top with crushed graham crackers.
- Eat them and savor their amazingness.
My friend and I made ½ of the strawberries chocolate and the other ½ vanilla.
Okay wait, that recipe may be a bit of a lie. We ate about 1/3 of the strawberries before they even made it to step one :) oopsies
Live, laugh, love, bake,
Marley and Me